Chiropractic Care for Knee Pain
If you are suffering from knee pain, chiropractic care can be beneficial in alleviating the discomfort. Knee pain can commonly occur due to overuse, personal injury, or aging. At Whole Health Chiropractic in Issaquah, WA, we offer a holistic approach for relief and to help you return to your daily routine without being hindered. Learn more about how our chiropractors can reduce knee pain below:
If you have are having difficulty with mobility due to knee pain, it is necessary for our chiropractors to determine the cause and provide you with a suitable treatment plan.
Our chiropractors treat knee pain that could be caused by any of the following:
- Meniscal Injury: This injury develops due to forceful twisting or rotating of the knee. It may also happen due to aging or arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis can develop when the articular cartilage of the knee wears out due to injury or aging.
- Patellar Tendonitis: This condition is common in athletes and occurs when the patellar tendon becomes inflamed.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: This auto-immune disease causes swelling and stiffness in the knee joint. It can lead to cartilage, bone, and joint damage if it is not treated.
How Our Chiropractors Treat Knee Pain
The type of treatment plan our chiropractors will develop for your knee pain depends on the cause and symptoms. Misalignments that occur in the neck, hip, and spine may be contributing to knee pain. Therefore, knee pain treatment may target these regions to alleviate discomfort.
Chiropractic treatments for mild and severe knee pain include:
- Infrared Sauna: Heat from an Infrared device can help reduce knee pain by improving circulation and easing stiffness.
- Ultrasound Therapy: Sound waves from an ultrasound machine can massage the tissues in the affected area, which can help reduce stiffness, pain, and inflammation.
- Manual Manipulation: This is the most common chiropractic technique, which involves using the hands to align the spine and joints to increase mobility, improve posture, and relieve stress.
- Cold laser Therapy: This intricate treatment helps with speeding up recovery time and alleviates inflammation.
- Traction Therapy: With this treatment approach, our chiropractors stretch the knee to release pressure off the joint to improve mobility and reduce inflammation.
- Electrotherapy: This treatment uses an electrical device that delivers mild electric pulses, which work to ease tension, increase circulation, and alleviate swelling on the affected knee.
Some common chiropractic care treatments that our chiropractors recommend for knee pain along with conventional medicine include:
- Massage therapy
- Anti-inflammatory diet
- Hot and cold therapy
- Physical therapy
- Kinesiology tape
While Chiropractic treatment for knee pain can provide impressive results, it may not be suitable for everyone and is not an alternative to conventional therapies. Consider consulting with our chiropractors to learn about the benefits and decide whether it is right for you. In most cases, chiropractic care is effective in treating knee pain and is even more beneficial when more than one treatment is combined.
Contact us for Knee Pain Treatment
If you are experiencing knee pain, let our team at Whole Health Chiropractic in Issaquah, WA, help. Contact us at (425) 313-8950 to learn about our treatment options and to schedule an appointment!