Are you experiencing headaches after a car accident? If so, you're not alone. Headaches and migraines related to auto accidents are relatively common. And if you suffered headaches before the collision, it can make your headaches and migraines more consistent or painful.
On the other hand, some people may not endure them until days, hours, or even a week following an auto accident injury. If this explains your situation, the headache can be caused by an array of things. Fortunately, our chiropractor at Whole Health Chiropractic can help.
What Causes Accident-Related Headaches & Migraines?
There are several ways a car accident injury can cause painful or persistent headaches and migraines. Unfortunately, some of those reasons are not identifiable immediately. The most common causes are strikes or blows to the head, just like whiplash. The severity of your headache can greatly depend on the force and impact exerted during the collision.
Types of Auto Accident Injury Headaches
Simply put, several injuries can result in headaches and migraines, but some are much more likely than others.
- Post-Concussive or Migraine Headaches are the results of a concussion, which is caused by a violent or sudden jolt.
- Post-Traumatic Headaches are brought about by trauma to the neck and head. These types of headaches may not show up for several days or weeks after the accident.
- Whiplash Headaches are the most common and are caused by sudden force to the neck and head. The head is usually violently jerked backward and forward, which causes soft tissue strain. This type of headache may not show up for days or weeks after the collision.
- Spasm or Muscle-Contraction Headaches are commonly the results of injuries to the head, neck, or upper back. The sudden jolt on the head and neck during an accident can injure or tear soft tissue, which causes spasms or strain of muscles.
- Occipital Neuralgia Headache or Pinched-Nerve Headache is brought forth by a pinched nerve. Once compressed by a disc herniation, you may experience numbness, burning, tenderness, pain, and tingling.
How Can Our Chiropractor at Cahill Back & Neck Care Center Help
At Cahill Back & Neck Care Center, we regularly treat patients who have been injured because of an auto accident. We offer a range of treatments to help you feel your best. Two of the most common treatments we perform on those suffering an auto accident injury are chiropractic adjustments and spinal manipulations. Each of these solutions is proven to bolster spinal function and alleviate stress, which can help remedy headaches and migraines.
Reduce Your Headaches and Migraines with Chiropractic Care
Call Whole Health Chiropractic today at (425) 313-8950 for more information on headache and migraine treatment or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.